About this article
This article will explain how to work in the HTML editor in the Admin Center's Email Signature section. Sections in this article:
How to work in the HTML editor?
- Go to Email Signature module in the Admin Center
- Click on Signatures and click on any signature you wish to edit.
- Go to the
Detailstab and click
- Insert your HTML in the editor
Simple and rich preview
While editing your HTML code you have the possibility to get a real-time preview of the HTML code via "Simple Preview" and "Rich Preview. Both previews can be found right under the HTML editor.
The simple preview
Shows you immediate output from entering your HTML code in the editor. By using the simple preview you can detect any obvious errors, if the code is not entered correctly. The preview is essentially a "front-end" version of your HTML code. The Simple Preview gives you an overview of the dynamic text elements based on your HTML code:
The rich preview
Allows you see how the signature looks with information coming from a User profile. This means the Rich Preview will display the signature as it would be displayed in Outlook, Office365 etc.:
You can validate your HTML by clicking the
Validate HTML button and the bottom of the HTML editor. If any errors are detected then it'll be displayed in the Validation result window.
If the written HTML code is within the rules of the validator the validator result will state: "Your HTML is valid. You are good to go"
- Use pixels and not points when setting the dimensions of images.
- Width and height attributes are required and can only contain a number.
- Src, alt, width and alt are the only allowed attributes on image tag.